Last Updated on
It can literally earn you a fortune.
With this knowledge, you can sell on Amazon and also sell services to other sellers (like I did).
In this article, I’m going to pass that knowledge on to you so you can get started.
Let’s do this!
Here's what we're going to be covering...
- 1 How to Buy from Alibaba
- 2 Some Recommendations When Buying a Product from Alibaba for the First Time
- 3 Always Start With a Sample
- 4 How to Sell Your Product on Amazon
- 5 Here’s the process for signing up to Seller Central:
- 6 Here’s what you’ll need to sign up as a seller
- 7 How to Find a Good Product to Sell on Amazon before You Source it From Alibaba
- 8 Recap: How to Buy from Alibaba and Sell on Amazon the Easy Way
How to Buy from Alibaba
Purchasing products from Alibaba couldn’t be simpler.
Here’s how that works:
- visit alibaba.com directly or search for Alibaba in Google
- use the search bar at the top of the page to search for the product you’d like to purchase (e.g. iPhone case)
- browse through the results and click the product that appeals to you
- click on the Contact Supplier button or on the Start Order button
The image below shows a Google search for Alibaba and the top 2 results:
The image below shows a product search in Alibaba:
The image below shows a the Contact Supplier button on a product page in Alibaba:
Some Recommendations When Buying a Product from Alibaba for the First Time
If you’re purchasing a product for the first time, I recommend that you click the Contact Supplier button rather than the Start Order button. Reach out to the seller and start a conversation.
- make a list of all the questions that you have
- hit the Contact Seller button or the Chat Now link
- ask or send all your questions
- wait for a reply
This simple process enables you to get a feel for what it may be like to do business with the company you’re contacting.
But there’s more…
Always Start With a Sample
I always start by ordering a sample and I recommend that you do the same.Sometimes you can't truly appreciate what you've bought online until you're holding it in your hands.Click To Tweet
When I was getting started, I was eager to jump in and start selling my product on Amazon, but when the samples I ordered started to arrive I was shocked to see how different they can look and feel once you get your hands on them.
I realised then that I needed to take as long as it took to find the right product. This means ordering sample after sample until you find one that you’re truly happy with.
For me, this turned into a $300 spending spree. I purchased countless samples from various sellers. Many turned out to be pretty good and I actually had to think hard when it came to deciding which one to go for.
This is a good problem to have…
Having more than one good product from various suppliers gives you multiple choices, and that’s always a good thing. Once you choose one, simply put the other products to one side, make a note about each supplier and file it away in case you ever need to switch suppliers.
Now let’s look at the next piece…
How to Sell Your Product on Amazon
Once you have your product, it’s time to list it in the Amazon marketplace.
If you don’t already have an account, follow the steps below:
- search Google for Amazon seller central signup
- click the relevant result
- sign up to seller central
Here are Amazon’s Instructions for Signing up as a Seller:
Here’s the process for signing up to Seller Central:
- register your seller account
- upload your listings
- run ads using Amazon’s PPC (pay per click) ad system
- make sales
- get paid (automatically)
Here’s what you’ll need to sign up as a seller
- credit card
- phone number
- company registration details
- bank account information
That pretty much covers how to buy from Alibaba and sell on Amazon…
But there’s one thing…
How do you know what products to sell on Amazon in the first place?
Let’s look at that now…
How to Find a Good Product to Sell on Amazon before You Source it From Alibaba
This process is key. The success of your product depends very much on how good that product is in the first place.
By this I mean things like:
- is there a lot of demand for the product?
- can you source it cheap enough?
- is there a healthy profit margin?
You can see it’s not just a case of picking any old product.
Let me show you how I go about finding great products (it’s super easy, fast and free):
Now you know how to buy from Alibaba and sell on Amazon and how to find the best products to sell.
Recap: How to Buy from Alibaba and Sell on Amazon the Easy Way
- find a good product to sell
- find suppliers of that product in Alibaba
- contact a few suppliers to order a sample
- choose the best supplier and place your order
- sign up to Amazon seller central and set up your account
- create your product listing
- receive your product and ship it to Amazon
- once the product is in Amazon, start running ads and make some sales
This guide on how to buy from Alibaba and sell on Amazon wouldn’t be complete without a resource to guides and tools – so here you go: