Hey. Hoz here with your up to date guide on how to sell things online using the right tools for the job.
Whether you want to sell ebooks, digital products or physical products, in this tutorial I will cover different scenarios and advise you on the right tools to get moving fast.
If you’re looking around for things you can sell online then you’re probably attracted to the idea of selling online from home (and who isn’t!).
You’re probably also attracted to the making money bit, and this is one good reason to get set up with the right tools in order to increase your chances of success.
I’ve been selling online for over a decade and I’ve used almost every tool I’ve ever come across, from shopping carts to website platforms, page and funnel builders and everything in between.
As you can imagine, I’ve ditched more tools over the years than I’ve had hot dinners, and these tools in this guide are the ones that have remained with me and that I’m sticking with because they work and because they make things easier.
So let’s start by identifying the 3 different types of online seller (in general terms) and then we’ll explore each option and look at the different tools we can use.
Here's what we're going to be covering...
Here are the 3 main types of online sellers:
- Affiliate (you make money online by referring people to somebody else’s sales page)
- Digital product seller (you sell ebooks, online courses and anything ‘digital’)
- Physical product seller (you sell physical products, although that didn’t really need mentioning…)
So let’s dig into each one.
Proven Ways of Selling and Generating Income on The Web
Sell Things Online as an Affiliate
As an affiliate, you carry no stock, which means there are no upfront costs. You get paid a commission from the vendor for each sale you refer.
The things you need to sell as an affiliate:
- if you send visitors directly to the vendor’s sales page, you don’t need a website of your own, you’ll need a way to promote the vendor’s product. Here’s what I recommend:
- a Facebook account
- a Twitter account
- a Pinterest account
- an Instagram account
- a free tool like The Social Media Tool to manage and schedule your social content
- if you decide to have your own website, you have more control of the presentation and you’re able to pre-sell the visitors. Here’s what I recommend:
- get a domain name from here
- Self-hosted WordPress website on very affordable hosting
- A light WP theme
- check also my free guide to make your WordPress website faster
- a decent logo – get a cheap one from Fiverr
- a PayPal account (to get paid)
Sell Digital Products Online
If you want to sell ebooks, online courses, and all-things-digital, then you have 2 choices:
- if you don’t have a website of your own
- if you have your own website:
- get a domain name from here if you don’t already have one
- Self-hosted WordPress website on my recommended hosting
- A page builder so you can build sales landing pages – I use this one
- Need ready-made landing pages? Here’s a ton to use with the above page builder
- check also my free guide to make your WordPress website load faster
- a decent logo – get a cheap one from Fiverr or a professional one from here
- get the only shopping cart I recommend: this one
Sell Physical Products Online
If you want to sell physical products online, here’s what I recommend:
- if you want to get into dropshipping:
- if you want to get into private label and sell on Amazon:
- if you want to sell products you make yourself:
- use Etsy if they are craft-style or unique products
- use eBay otherwise
- if you want to sell your own on your own website:
Other Things You May Want to Help You Sell Things Online
- If you’re planning on selling on your own website, you may want to create a lead magnet – that is, a front-end offer that you can give away in exchange for your visitor’s email address. Here’s what I use.
- You will also want a solid autoresponder. This is the one I recommend.
I hope this guide is useful to you – if you want to sell things online then these tools will cover most scenarios.
Now go sell stuff!
Please Share This Content
Hey, I would really appreciate it if you share this content with your friends and followers :)?